Hello Amazing Grace Parents!
We have had a busy month this March, learning about Easter, facing a late winter snow day and a flood in the building. The teachers were able to attend a full-day training on language learning in preschool at the PAL conference. We see your children growing by leaps and bounds in their knowledge and understanding of the world, and in their understanding of God’s love for them. And now spring is upon us and we are learning about the abundance of new life that is beginning to grow around us!
- Congratulations Lim Family on the birth of little Anya Joy Mehana Lim, born this Friday, Elli’s little sister. We celebrate with you this wonderful new life in our midst!
- Good-bye Cameron. We just learned that Butterfly student Cameron’s mom, Catherine, has taken a full-time job and as a result he will be transferring to another school. While we congratulate Catherine on this wonderful career opportunity, we will miss Cameron’s inquisitive mind and sunny smile! Please be sure to say good-bye to them when you see them this week as Cameron’s last day will be Friday April 1st. And we at Amazing Grace Kids, wish you, Cameron and Hannah, Catherine and Justin God’s great blessings as you move on.
- Scholarship applications for next year are due this Friday, April 1st — you will find a copy of the application on the Parents’ Page. Note: scholarship applications will not be accepted after this date. Please see Ellie if you have questions.
- Flood at School! For those of you who were at school on Thursday, you know that at about 11:30 AM the bike room and bathrooms were inundated with water due to a problem in the building’s pipes. After the problem was repaired, a cleaning crew cleaned and disinfected these areas twice and dried them with fans blowing all weekend. Many thanks to the understanding Explorer parents who picked up their children early that day!
- June Bugs: We still have 3 or 4 openings each week at our June Bugs summer program. Run by Miss Aimee and Miss Magda, June Bugs includes a lot of wonderful outdoor play, water, Bible stories, music, and arts and craft activities. You child will come Monday-Thursday from 9-1, bringing a lunch. Snack is provided. Application forms are on Miss Ellie’s office door and on the website.
- 2016-17 Explorers/Early Birds/Lunch: You may sign up for these programs using the new forms on the entry sign (these updated forms include all three programs). Signing up now costs nothing and ensures a place for your child in programs which may fill up due to our larger enrollment next year.
We celebrate new life this Easter, and the joy of working with your children!
Ellie and the Staff at Amazing Grace Kids