Dear Amazing Grace Parents,
Its hard to believe December is around the corner! We are getting ready for Thanksgiving break — as I write this I can hear the contented noises of Explorers playing and smell the pizza cooking in the oven down the hall. It has been a wonderful fall with your children here at Amazing Grace Kids and we are thankful for all of you!
Save the Dates:
- Sunday December 6th will be our Family Advent Celebration with Trinity Covenant Church, 4:30-6:30 PM. There will be a Concert by Amazing Grace Kids followed by dinner and a craft activity for the whole family. Alumni are welcome! The evening is free but you will have an opportunity to make a donation to help the church with the cost. Please RSVP on the list at school.
- Monday December 14: All School parent coffee, 9-10 AM.
- Friday, December 18: Last day of school before vacation. We’ll come back on Monday, January 4th.
Advent Wreaths: As part of our preparation for Christmas we will be lighting advent candles in our wreaths at school every day. Check your child’s cubby for a red sheet compiled by Miss Ruth that outlines what we will be learning. Be sure to ask your child about this, and if you like you can make your own simple advent wreath at home. It’s a beautiful way to prepare for the birth of Jesus as we wait for Christmas to come.
IT’S COLD OUTSIDE! Please send your child with a hat and mittens to school. Mittens inside hat and hat inside a coat sleeve makes life easier for all of us. Please send Mittens, not gloves. Thank you.
We are Glad that Sophia Tsou has joined our Grasshopper class. And we look forward to having Maris Lind and Eliza Soh join our Tuesday/Thursday Butterflies on December 1st. Welcome new students and families!
Styrofoam trays needed: We are collecting the trays that meat and vegetables are packaged on at the grocery store. If you would like to contribute, please run them through your dishwasher first.
Can you Help? If you would be willing to take home some school laundry (hats and mittens) on a weekly basis, please let Ellie know. Thank you!
- To Preetha Jaimoan who is helping to keep our books organized at school!
- To Catherine Long who has been taking photos of the Butterfly class.
- To Corinne Grey and Joy Danison for helping with subbing this fall.
- To Leslie Brunner and Malisa Ellis who are working on our parent coffee along with our Board Member, Meg Greto.
- To the Grey family for arranging for Policeman Jeff to come to our school.
“Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love endures forever.” Psalm 107:1