Hello Amazing Grace Families,
It’s beautiful out and we are looking forward to spending lots of time on our playground after months of SNOW! We are thanking God for spring and for the new life that we see all around us!
This Saturday, May 9th, we will be spreading wood chips on our playground. We need 4-5 able bodied parents to help us with this task. 9-9:45 AM, bring a shovel or metal rake. There is a sign up sheet at school, or you can email me. No children please!
Openings for next year:
We have several openings in our 4-year-old class next year — please tell your friends!
- Parent Teacher Conferences will take place on Wednesday for the Butterflies (NO school for Butterflies) and Thursday for the Grasshoppers (NO school for Grasshoppers). We will be going over your children’s portfolios and highlighting their goals and achievements this year. Childcare is not provided but you are welcome to share childcare with other parents either in our bike room or on the playground. For those of you who are new, the conference is for parents and teachers only — students do not attend conferences. We look forward to celebrating your children with you!
- Picture day is Friday, May 15th. Please fill out the form in your child’s cubby and return it to the forms box by Monday, May 11th. Here’s how the day will go: Grasshoppers will have individual photos taken first. Then Butterflies will have their individual pictures. We will then take class group pictures and a whole school photo.
- We are pleased to let you know that we have been relicensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (MA EEC). Relicensing happens every two years, and ensures that we adhere to safety, health, and curriculum guidelines. This is an important process for preschools, and we are happy to report that our school has met all the Massachusetts requirements.
- We plan to spend a lot of time on our playground this spring — we encourage families to do the following for sun protection:
- Send your child to school with sunscreen already applied
- Send a hat and sunglasses
- Also, be sure to bring your child to school wearing sneakers or play shoes — no crocks or flip flops please! This helps keep everyone safe.
A note about noon pick up safety: Now that our steps have been repaired and the snow is gone, you can once more park along the wooded side of the parking lot in the back and come to get your child. Once your child is in your care, please ensure he/she is with you at all times, NOT running around the parking lot, as there are still many cars on our driveway at that time. Thank you for helping to keep everyone safe!
- Saturday, May 16, LexFUN! Sale
- Monday, May 25, no school, Memorial Day
- Thursday, June 4th, moving on celebration for Grasshopper class (9-10 AM)
- Saturday June 6th Trinity Covenant/Amazing Grace Kids Bazaar
- Thursday, June 11th, Last day for lunch bunch and Explorers
- Friday, June 12th, Last day of School
- June Bugs begins on Monday, June 15th (there is one opening left for the first week)
Phew — that’s a lot of information for this busy month. Don’t hesitate to come to me with questions! Ellie