During the month of January, the Grasshopper class learned about “Winter” and “Prayer,” and I did hear that some children prayed for snow! When the Grasshoppers pray, God listens!
Here are a few updates for February:
- Deadline for donating pens/pencils and money for mosquito netting for Uganda has been extended to this Monday, February 9th.
- Don’t forget to sign up for our parent coffee on Friday February 13th. Come connect with other parents and learn about “Creating Life-Long Learners” Childcare for younger siblings will be provided in the church nursery for a $5 donation.
- School Vacation is coming up, February 16-20.
As life-long learners themselves, our teachers have been participating in or leading workshops on the following topics:
- The Nuts and Bolts of Christian Parenting
- Reflective Supervision
- Supporting English Language Learners in Preschool
- Photographing Families and Children
- The Educational Legacy of David and Francis Hawkins and
- Experimenting with Balance (at the Museum of Science)
Here are some of our creations and experiments at the balance workshop.
At the end of February we will all be updating our First Aid and CPR certifications, and our school plans to host a workshop for educators on the Project Approach for engaging children’s minds in April.
Come see our new sensory table in the Grasshopper classroom — many thanks for your donations for that wonderful gift!
With gratitude — Ellie and the team.