Hello Amazing Grace Families,
I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! We are looking forward to welcoming you back to school tomorrow.
Here are some important updates:
- Please bring boots to school tomorrow as our playground is sure to be muddy!
- We welcome our new student, Raymond Boamah, to the Grasshopper classroom tomorrow. Besides being his first day of school, Monday is also Raymond’s 5th birthday! Please be sure to say hello to parents George and Ying!
- Grasshopper snack boxes: please encourage your children to be independent by putting their own snacks in the large hallway box at drop off time. Your children are learning to take care of their own things and are good at making sure lids on water bottles are tight. Thank you!
- There is still time to RSVP for the Family Advent Night — Sunday December 7 from 5-7 PM There will be dinner, a craft, and a play by our students, followed by a Christmas Carol sing. This event is free but there will be an opportunity to make a donation to Trinity Covenant Church which is hosting us. (RSVP on the clipboard in our entryway.)
- This Christmas we will be giving a gift as a school to World Relief. See: http://worldrelief.myshopify.com/collections/international-gifts/Agriculture We’d like to buy some animals for a family who will use them for their livelihood, perhaps some goats, chicks or rabbits. To that end, we will have a container in our lobby in which to put your donations. This is a perfect time for your child to do some small jobs around the house to earn a quarter or two, and then to have the pleasure of giving by putting their hard-earned money in the container themselves.
We are thankful to God that we have so much and that we have the opportunity to share with others — I hope you will enjoy this project with your children.
Thank you! Ellie
PS Tomorrow I will be giving a talk at the Cambridge Vineyard Mom-to-Mom group and will arrive at school late morning. Many thanks to Ulli Airey who will be subbing in the Butterfly room for me.